Monday, November 9, 2009

"Ewa Saints "vs" Hawaii Young Warriors"

This was a busy week of OIA football for me. And the UH Warriors finally broke their losing streak over Utah State, 49-36. Today seemed like a nice day to just sit back and relax, but I was invited by Mr. Terry Kumaewa, to another football game at the Aloha Stadium, Jr. Pee Wee football Ewa Saints "vs" Hawaii Young Warriors. I was surprised to see such a huge crowd and participation from the families, cheerleaders, yelling and cheering and just hanging out. It was great to see such "Aloha" and "Ohana" on this game day.

At 2:00 pm the game started with Ewa Saints "vs" Hawaii Young Warriors. The Hawaii Warriors scored the first touchdown 8-0, but the Ewa Saints came back to tie the score 8-8. Watching Jr. Pee Wee football was a great way to spend my Sunday, it was more exciting than regular football. Anyway, both teams played their hearts out and were "awesome." All I can say is, we've got some talented kids out there. In the end, the Ewa Saints won the game, 22-14 over the Hawaii Young Warriors. I have to give credit to the Ewa Saints #2, Jaykob Cabunoc (photo above) who saved a touchdown (stripped the ball) and caused a fumble on the 3 yard line, and later on another play ran from the 20 yard in for a touchdown. Credit also goes to #5 Nai Noa Perez and #20 Kila Kapihe of the Ewa Saints who also scored touchdowns. I'd like to congratulate both teams for a well played game, and congratulations to Ewa Saints Coach, Sean Richardson. Thanks also to Mr. Terry Kumaewa for inviting me (see more photos click under my photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment