Saturday, December 5, 2009

"2009 HHSAA Division I Championship" Kamehameha 34-21 Over the Kahuku Raiders

I've been to college, high school and Jr. pee wee football games, but never sat in any section of a HHSAA Division I championship game at Aloha Stadium. All I can tell you is, it was very "exciting." With all the "chanting," "shouting" and "stomping," I could feel the section I was sitting in, shake so much that at times it was difficult to shoot any pictures. I was hoping the Aloha Stadium, built in 1975 would hold up its steel structure. And talking about "steal," Kamehameha dominated the first, second and the fourth quarters with a display of defensive precision. At the start of the second half, Kahuku came "storming" back but that storm didn't last. Kamehameha's T.C. Campbell passed for three touchdowns, and Ryan Ho rushed for 121 yards sealing the game over the Kahuku Red Raiders for a final score of 34-21. The Warriors won their last First Hawaiian Bank HHSAA Division I Championship title back in 2004.

As for the earlier game at Aloha Stadium, Iolani and Kaua'i battled it out back and forth especially with a lot of fumbles and interceptions. In the end, Iolani prevailed just passing by Kaua'i 24-17, making it Iolani's third First Hawaiian Bank HHSAA Division II Championship title. Congratulations to all of these teams. Check Out My Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment